> webOS App Store closing November 1st, 2014
webOS App Store closing November 1st, 2014
|webOS Cloud Services to end January 15, 2015
|Cloud services support for webOS devices will end on January 15, 2015. We appreciate the effort that our developer community has contributed to the webOS platform. However, it has been more than three (3) years since the last device was sold. Since only a small fraction of the devices are still connecting to our cloud, the time has come to close the services.
The remaining webOS devices will continue to run after the cloud services are terminated. However, they will no longer be able to:
- Download new apps or updates. The HP App Catalog will be unavailable after the shutdown
- Backup or restore devices from the cloud
- Setup new devices
- Recover lost passwords
What this means to developers
- As of the date of this announcement, no new apps can be submitted to the HP App Catalog
- You can submit updates to the HP App Catalog until November 10, 2014
- Sales will be allowed until November 1st, 2014 in order to give users ample time to access apps prior to the shutdown. Note that the front page of the HP App Catalog will have an announcement about the impending shutdown
- Developers will need to access the Developer Portal before it is shut down on January 15, 2015, to access and download final sales reports, etc.
- Final developer payouts are expected to be made by February 15, 2015